… but what is this super magical thing everybody is talking about. They make it seem like the all-time wonder-weapon against everything, so it must be really good to have. That is one the reasons why I am searching for it.
I bet I am not the only one wondering about what self-confidence actually is. In order to become confident, we have to know what we are dealing with right here. So let’s find out what we already know before I start researching and bringing out the facts.
The best way to find out what we already know about this important topic is making a mind map. I know this sounds a lot like these boring school projects but let’s give it a try.
How to create a mind map.
- Write „self-confidence“ in the centre of a piece of paper.
- Add everything that comes to your mind, you can visualize certain words, make colour schemes or whatever helps you organizing your thoughts (e.g. on ways how to build confidence, pros and cons, characteristics of confident people).
- Find headings or captions for different groups of thoughts
- Take 15 – 25 minutes for this.
- Keep this mind map at a safe place, we will work with it again.
When we got this done we have a picture of our current knowledge about confidence. To work on ourselves and improve our self-confidence we have to be aware of our starting point. Let’s take a moment and figure out how confident we are at this exact point of our lifes. We do not 100 % know already what confidence is, as I said before, but we just take our picture/ definition of confidence for our first rating.
Please rate how confident you feel in the following parts of your life. The scale is from zero to ten where zero means not confident at all and ten means absolutely confident (without any doubt). Do not think to much about your answer, just write the number which first comes to your mind.
- work, college, school
- (social) interactions with strangers
- your appearance
- relationships with friends/ family
- everyday life decisions
- feel free to add parts that seem important to you
This exercise will also be part of our future work. We will stay open to change it if necessary but also use it as a way to measure our progress.
I will not share my mind map or scale at this point of the blog but I will use it in the further work on here, just wait ;).
I will post every sunday from now on to be able to make every post as informative as possible.
Lots of love,